The Burnaby Public Library Board sets strategic priorities, determines and adopts policies governing the services and operation of the Library, and determines the Library’s role in satisfying the needs of the community at large.
Burnaby Public Library Board Policies
- A1 Policy Authority and Maintenance [PDF]
- A2 Burnaby Public Library Board [PDF]
- A3 Board Roles and Operations [PDF]
- A4 Trustee Code of Conduct [PDF]
- A5 Media and Public Relations [PDF]
- B1 Intellectual Freedom [PDF]
- B2 Privacy [PDF]
- C1 Membership [PDF]
- C2 User Fees [PDF]
- C3 Collections [PDF]
- C4 Use of Library Space by Outside Agencies [PDF]
- D1 Financial Responsibility and Accountability [PDF]
- D2 Donations and Sponsorship [PDF]
- E1 Recruitment and Hiring [PDF]
- E2 Respectful Workplace [PDF]
- E3 Training and Conference Attendance [PDF]
- E4 Gifts [PDF]
- E5 Living Wage [PDF]
- E6 Staff Privileges and Awards [PDF]
Joining the Library Board
Board members are appointed by City Council. Please visit City of Burnaby for information on the application process.
For more information on the Library Board, please see our Trustee Recruitment Information Package [PDF].
For more information about Burnaby Public Library, please see our Burnaby Public Library 4-Year Plan 2019-2022 and Annual Report.
Library Board meetings
Library Board meetings usually take place on the third Thursday of the month at the Bob Prittie Metrotown Branch. See the 2019 Council Board, Committee and Commission Meetings schedule [PDF] for upcoming dates.
Persons wishing to appear before the Board should make written application to the Chief Librarian’s office, indicating the substance of their enquiry seven days prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. Presentations to the Board by delegations shall be limited to ten minutes with additional time for questions of the delegation from Trustees at the discretion of the Chair.
Board member profiles
Meet the members of the Burnaby Public Library Board.
View the agendas of Burnaby Library Board Meetings.
View the minutes of Burnaby Public Library Board meetings, from January 2010 to present.