What is the Teen Advisory Group?
The Teen Advisory Group is for teens who want to make the library better for themselves and other teens. The library belongs to teens as much as anyone else in the community, so we want to know what you'd like to see from us--whether it's physical space, stuff you can borrow, programs you wish we had, or places you wish we visited.
We are meeting twice in the summer at the Tommy Douglas library branch to discuss different topics that will help us and you make changes to the library. Food will be provided during the meeting, and all teens are welcome to join us for a movie after the meeting.
How to Join?
All teens are welcome to join, including those who come to the library regularly and those who have never used the library before. Just drop by a meeting to see if it's for you. All teens will receive a letter confirming their community service to the library.
- Teen Advisory Group meeting at Tommy Douglas: Monday, July 15. 5-6:30pm meeting & food. 6:30-9pm movie.
- Teen Advisory Group meeting at Tommy Douglas: Monday, August 12. 5-6:30pm meeting & food. 6:30-9pm movie.
What qualifications do I need to be in the Teen Advisory Group?
- Entering grade 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 in the fall
- Willing to share ideas in a group
- Willing to think about issues in your community
I have a food or movie request!
Please let Teen Services Librarian Myles know what you'd like us to order for the meeting. Text him your suggestions at 604-314-2480.