The new catalogue brings several improvements:
- "smart" searching ranks results by relevancy so titles on top are more likely to be what you are looking for.
- "faceted" searching (limits in left margin that appear after a search) allows you to quickly filter your search results to items that are "In" at any branch, or to a specific format, or audience, or to new material only.
- "Did you mean" feature makes suggestions for mistyped terms.
- "Browse the shelf" feature allows you to virtually scroll through images of item covers on a shelf.
- new titles lists are updated throughout the day
- explore bestselller and awards lists with links to titles BPL owns.
- social sharing layer option allow patrons at any Bibliocommons library to rate, comment on, review and share titles. This shared content is available at all participating libraries.
- much more stable and functional ability to keep personal lists
- ability to keep track of personal borrowing with optional "Recently Returned" feature.
See also Bibliocommons in the news.
Concerns, questions or just want to give us feedback on the new catalogue? Contact us.