Join us Wednesday evenings this fall for a lively speaker series on a diverse range of local history topics. Walking tours of Burnaby parks and cultural landmarks are offered on Saturday afternoons. Community members are invited to bring their own stories, memories and questions to share. Events are free but registration is required. Call the library at 604-436-5400 to reserve your place or use the links below to register online.
- Burnaby's Birdlife, Wednesday, September 13
- Kingsway Memories, Wednesday, September 27
- Chinese-Canadian Stories, Wednesday, October 4
- Saving Burnaby Lake, Wednesday, October 11
- All Our Father's Relations, Thursday, October 12
- Getting to Know Burnaby, Wednesday, October 18
- Walking Tour of the Masjid Al Salaam Mosque & Islamic Education Centre, Saturday, October 21
- Indigenous Plant Tour of Deer Lake, Saturday, October 28
The Burnaby Neighbourhood Histories Series is presented in partnership by the Burnaby Village Museum, Burnaby Public Library, and the Burnaby Historical Society.
Image: 1907 photograph taken at Barnet Village by Philip Timms. Image 7688, Vancouver Public Library.