The second phase of renovations on the second floor of Bob Prittie Metrotown began on November 6. Our goal is to keep the library open when it is safe to do so during these renovations but there may be occasional delayed openings so that certain work can be carried out safely.The renovations are scheduled to end in February 2018.
This renovation project will include:
- Relocation of the public computers to a central area
- The addition of two small group study rooms that will accommodate 2 to 3 people
- The expansion of the existing group study room to make it accessible
- The building of a multipurpose room in the area currently occupied by public computers
- The addition of new display shelving and accompanying seating
What will be impacted?
The group study room is closed until further notice as part of the renovations.
We are attempting to facilitate a transfer of the public computers to their new location without significant disruptions in service. There are currently 8 computers available for use. We are hoping to make the rest of the computers available as soon as possible within the next few weeks.
We are also attempting to schedule significantly noisy work before opening. There will, however, be periods of noise and disruption throughout. We apologize for the interruption.
Below are floor plans showing the previous layout of the area under renovation (the north end of the second floor) and the planned changes.
The area under renovation, before:
The area under renovation, after: