The second phase of renovations on the second floor of Bob Prittie Metrotown began on November 6. There will be a delayed opening (at 2pm instead of 9am) on Monday, November 20 to allow for safe removal of demolishing millwork, and work involving plumbing and electricical systems. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Our goal is to keep the library open when it is safe to do so during these renovations.The renovations are scheduled to end in February 2018.
This renovation project will include:
- Relocation of the public computers to a central area
- The addition of two small group study rooms that will accommodate 2 to 3 people
- The expansion of the existing group study room to make it more accessible
- The building of a multipurpose room in the area currently occupied by public computers. Potential uses are:
- Quiet study times
- Programs such as our book discussions and ESL conversations circles
- Digital literacy training
- The addition of new display shelving and accompanying seating
What will be impacted?
The group study room is closed until further notice as part of the renovations.
We are attempting to facilitate a transfer of the public computers to their new location without significant disruptions in service but there may be brief periods when only 8 are available for use.
We are also attempting to schedule significantly noisy work before opening. There will, however, be periods of noise and disruption throughout. We apologize for the interruption.