Celebrate Science Literacy Week at Burnaby Public Library!
From September 16 - 22, Burnaby Public Library will feature a variety of free and fun events promoting science literacy for all ages. Programs, workshops, and movie showings will reflect this year's national Science Literacy Week theme: Oceans!
Find out more about Science Literacy Week from the official nationwide website, which is powered by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
What events will be hosted at BPL?
Below is a list of events that will take place at BPL locations. Please note that some of the programs require registration and have age restrictions.
- September 16, Author Visit with Fernando Lessa: Urban Salmon, Tommy Douglas
- September 18, A Plastic Ocean, McGill
- September 19, Let's Talk Science SFU: Budding Biologists, McGill -- Ages 5 - 10
- September 19, Burnaby Watersheds, Bob Prittie Metrotown
- September 20, Friday Flicks: DisneyNature's Oceans (Rated G), Tommy Douglas
- September 20, Friday Flicks: Sharkwater (Rated PG), Tommy Douglas
- September 21, Tech Open House: Underwater Fun, McGill -- Ages 6 to Adult
- September 21, Let's Talk Science SFU: Budding Biologists, Bob Prittie Metrotown -- Ages 5 - 10
Where can I learn more about Science Literacy?
Visit your local branch during Science Literacy Week to find book displays and more information about oceans and other science related topics. You can read and put holds on books from our Science Literacy booklist for children.