Money Management: Christmas Without Credit
Thrifty Tuesdays helps you save money!
Join Burnaby Public Library and the Credit Counselling Society to learn a 12 month plan to help you avoid the dreaded Christmas bill hangover. Gain skills you probably didn't learn in school, but will use for the rest of your life!
From the presenter
Most of us seem surprised with how quickly the holiday season arrives, even though it’s the same time every year! Have you ever wondered how you can plan ahead so the festive events don’t put so much stress on you and your wallet?The good news is that planning for a large annual event is a skill we can all learn and implement so the financial strain of the holidays is a thing of the past.
In the Christmas Without Credit workshop/webinar, you will learn to:
- Identify your priorities for the holidays so you can focus your efforts;
- Set a reasonable holiday goal that fits to your values;
- Set SMART financial goals so that you can create a plan that includes the cost, timeframe and how much your goal will cost you per paycheque;
- Identify the obstacles you may face to reaching your goal;
- Plan and pay for your holiday spending throughout the year;
- Find new opportunities to connect with friends and loved ones that don’t break your budget
The webinar is 1 hour, interactive and even fun! We take a “grab and go” approach – grab an idea or two and go try it. All participants will walk away with ideas, resources and the full curriculum upon request.
For more information, visit the Credit Counselling Society's website to view free webinars on various financial topics.
Free, but seating is limited. Programs with low enrollment may be cancelled, so please register by phone at: 604-522-3971, in-person, or online.
If you cannot attend the program, please contact the Library so someone else can have your spot. Thank you.