Read Cloud Library e-books on a computer, Android or Apple device, tablet or e-reader. This guide covers:
- Access: Burnaby residents with a BPL account
- Checkout period: 21 days
- Number of checkouts: 5
- Number of holds: 5
- Hold period: 5 days
- Return early: yes
- No renewals, but a title can be checked out again if no holds have been placed.
- Windows: 7 or higher (Windows RT is not supported)
- Mac: 10.6.x or higher
- E-readers: Kobo, NOOK (original), NOOK Touch, NOOK Color (version 1.41). Sony Readers are not supported but a manual transfer method is available.
- Android phone or tablet: 2.3.3 or higher
- Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch: iOS 6.9 or higher
- Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD: Android 2.3.3 or higher
- NOOK tablets: NOOK HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK, NOOK Color, Nook Tablet
Install and login to the Cloud Library app
Download the app below according to your computer system or device:
- Windows PC and e-readers
- Mac and e-readers (Download using Safari browser)
- Android phone or tablet (download using Google Play Store)
- Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (download using App Store)
- Kindle Fire
- NOOK HD or Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK
If you intend to read e-books from the Cloud Library and Overdrive Library to Go collections on your e-reader, we recommend that you authorize the Cloud Library app with your Adobe ID prior to transferring titles from your computer to e-reader.
Using the Cloud Library app
Learn how to search, borrow, use reading features, return titles, and manage holds using the Cloud Library app:
- Cloud Library User's Guide
- How to use the "Featured" function [video]
- How to use the Browse function [video]
- Browse, Search and Check-out E-books [video]
Transfer titles to e-reader
- Authorize using an Adobe ID
- Transfer e-books to e-reader
- Transfer e-books to Sony Reader (manual transfer method)
- Transfer e-books to your e-reader [video]
Do I need to create any accounts specifically for Cloud Library?
Using the Cloud Library requires your existing BPL barcode and PIN. You must be a Burnaby resident. If you wish to transfer Cloud Library titles to your e-reader along with Overdrive Library to Go titles, you'll need an Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID from using the Overdrive Library to Go collection, you'll need to register for one.
What devices are incompatible with Cloud Library?
Kindle e-readers, Blackberry devices, and Windows RT devices are not compatible with Cloud Library. Although Sony Readers are not supported by Cloud Library, there is a workaround using a manual transfer process.
Do I need an Adobe ID?
Yes, if you intend to transfer e-books from both of our Cloud Library and Overdrive Library to Go collections to an e-reader. If you already have an Adobe ID to authenticate Library to Go books in Adobe Digital Editions, use this same Adobe ID to authenticate the Cloud Library app in order to read books from both collections on your e-reader.
What is my Adobe ID?
This is the email address and password you used when setting up an account to create an Adobe Digital Editions ID. If you cannot remember your password, click the "Forgot password?" link on Adobe's sign-in page.
I authenticated the Cloud Library PC/Mac app using the Cloud Library ID instead of my Adobe ID.
Refer to our instructions to delete the Cloud Library ID from your computer and authenticate with your Adobe ID.
I received an "Adobe Device Activation Failure due to too many activations" error message.
Complete Cloud Library's support form to reset the activation for your device. Your device should be reset within 48 business hours of the request.
I need additional help!
Check the Cloud Library site for support on installing the app; error messages; requesting, borrowing or returning titles; and reading e-books. You can also contact us for troubleshooting questions.