Burnaby Public Library allows two renewals on borrowed items, with the exception of speed reads, book club sets, children's holiday books and items borrowed through interlibrary loan. Note that items are renewed from the date you requested a renewal, not from the date that they were due.
Items cannot be renewed when:
- another patron has placed a request on an item you have out.
- you have more than $10 in fines.
Renewals between 12 midnight and 1am: There is a bug in our system that results in renewals being done between 12 midnight and 1am being treated as if they were renewed on the previous day. Therefore items renewed before 1am will receive one day less for the new due date than they will if renewed after 1am.
How to renew materials online
- Go to the patron login screen.
- Enter your library barcode and your PIN.
- Click on the "My BPL" tab and then the "Checked Out" link on the sub-tab bar.
- Click in the checkbox next to each item you wish to renew
- Click on the "Renew" button at the top or the bottom of the list of items.
Items can be renewed by phone at 604-293-0034.
Note: Items also cannot be renewed by phone if you have the maximum number of items out (25). This is a software problem that will be fixed in a later release. If you have 25 items out, please renew using the online catalogue, or phone 604-436-5430 for assistance.